|Season 1, Episode 13|
|Airdate||January 4, 2011|
|Written by||Kevin Murphy|
|Directed by||Omar Madha|
|Caprica — Season One|
Blowback is the thirteenth episode of the first season of Caprica.
Starring: Eric Stoltz (Dr. Daniel Graystone), Esai Morales (Joseph Adama), Paula Malcomson (Dr. Amanda Graystone), Alessandra Torresani (Zoe Graystone) (credit only), Magda Apanowicz (Lacy Rand), Sasha Roiz (Sam Adama), Brian Markinson (Special Agent Jordan Duram)
and Polly Walker (Sister Clarice Willow)
Guest Starring: Peter Wingfield (Gara Singh)
Guest Starring (end credits): Jorge Montesi (The Guatrau), Ryan Robbins (Diego), Ryan Kennedy (Odin Sinclair), Chris Heyerdahl (Kevin Reikle)
Co-Starring: Anita Torrance (Mar-Beth), Panou (Olaf), Jim Thomson (Voice of Serge), Eva Allan (Devanna), Tom McBeath (Agent Alpert), Calum Worthy (Cass), James Kirk (Sagitarron Recruit), Luc Roderique (Dex), Matthew Smalley (Cadet Recruit #1)
Amanda tries to get more information from Clarice, but can't get close enough. In order to provide her with the equipment to do so, Duram would have to give her up as his CI, a dangerous confession given the possible leak within the department.
Lacy is taken with others to an STO training camp on Gemenon, but their ship gets hijacked along the way.
Daniel continues perfecting Amanda's avatar, unaware that he's been given even shorter time by the Guatrau whom he discovered has been shipping Cylons to STO on Gemenon.
- It's revealed Gara Singh is Alvo and the GDD contact.
- With Amanda needing some bugging equipment, Duram is hesitant to file the paperwork that would identify her as his confidential informant due to a leak. He eventually does, but names Mar-Beth instead. Singh relays this to Clarice who personally kills her. Duram's suspicious are confirmed when the body of a woman who had just given birth is found floating in the Theoresos and Clarice reports Mar-Beth missing. He passes the tech onto Amanda.
- After explaining that Zoe's avatar program is in the infinity pin picked up in the GDD raid, Singh plucks out out of evidence. He then drops it off for Olaf to pick up where they confirm that it does contain the avatar program.
- Daniel and Sam find out that the Guatrau has been smuggling Cylons off-world to Gemenon for the STO. Daniel tries to convince the Guatrau to endanger his avatar program. He tells him he needs three months, but the Guatrau only gives him two weeks. He later talks with the Adamas, telling that they have much to gain, but little to lose from Daniel's work and orders Sam to take him out, quietly. Joseph is clearly uncomfortable with the thought.
- Daniel gives up on the avatar of Amanda before talking with the real thing. He wants her home, but she isn't ready. Steering clear of telling her anything, he explains that he's in a bind, but she tells him the hard truth about how he uses and exploits his anxiety to build on his drive and success. This leads them both to reconciling and having sex.
- Lacy passes an exercise by the STO on route to Gemenon where she befriends a boy named Odin Sinclair.
Behind the Scenes
- This episode was originally scheduled to air November 2nd, 2010, but it and the subsequent episodes were suddenly pushed back to an unspecified date in 2011 when it was announced October 27th that the series was not being picked up for a second season. However, Canadian network, Space, continued the airings as usual.