Da Vinci's Inquest/The Ol' Coco Bop
The Ol' Coco Bop is the eighth episode of the seventh season of Da Vinci's Inquest, and the eighty-sixth episode overall.
Starring: Nicholas Campbell (Dominic Da Vinci), Ian Tracey (Detective Mick Leary), Venus Terzo (Detective Angela Kosmo), Sarah-Jane Redmond (Sergeant Sheila Kurtz), Alex Diakun (Chick Savoy), Donnelly Rhodes (Detective Leo Shannon), Gerard Plunkett (Chief Coroner Bob Kelly), Kim Hawthorne (Detective Rose Williams), Sarah Strange (Helen)
Also Appearing: Brian Markinson (Police Chief Bill Jacobs), John Cassini (Dino Rosario), Colin Cunningham (Detective Brian Curtis), Hrothgar Mathews (Sergeant Charlie Klotchko), Emily Perkins (Sue Lewis), Khaira Ledeyo (Isabel Sandonovo), Kandyse McClure (Marla), Dhirendra (Sanjay Gohill), Rob LaBelle (Phil Rosen), Chris Britton (Richard Norton)
Co-Starring: Patrick Gallagher (Joe Finn), Bill Dow (Mayor Russ Hathaway), Cedric De Souza (Ted Fellows), Bill Marchant (Don), Graham Kosakoski (Monty), Viv Leacock (Man/Simms), Suzanne Bastien (Corrections Officer #1), Maya Nadine (Constable #1), Rebecca Robbins (Corrections Officer #2), Dean Marshall (Constable Carter), Tuan Phan (Vin), Elizabeth Thai (Lila), Gavin Gunn (Tow Truck Driver), Curtis Ahenakew (Corrections Officer #3), Darla Vandenbossche (Clerk), James R. Baylis (Supervisor), Trevor Roberts (Barris), Tosca Baggoo (Receptionist), Terry Chen (William Chen), Nicole Munoz (Dino's Daughter)
Dominic makes peace with the Mayor and Chief of Police long enough to get their support on his red light proposal.
Kosmo gets the runaround in trying to talk to Sue who is being held in interrogation.
- Rob Simms from the DEA is found getting the GPS device off the boat. Mick talks to his RCMP handler Barris who initially plays dumb about Vin until Mick points out that he was part of the investigative team that got Vin on a trafficking charge and Barris admits he might have been involved in a conspiracy case and promises to give him everything they have. Mick goes to the Crown to find out why Vin was released early and Chen tells him Vin came to the RCMP about making a deal.
- Finn interrogates Sue where she confesses to having been set up by Brian to have her killed. Admitting to being with Carla the night she was killed,s combined with the evidence concerning Rick and Don's testimony to solicit Zinn's murder. Finn tells Kurtz that Kosmo is a liability in Homicide for having overlooked Sue as a suspect. Kurtz talks with Jacobs about keeping her and agrees she can stay if they get convictions on Sue.
- Rose asks Norton about the hanged man from the bridge. She tells him that Commercial Crime from Edmonton was looking at him for money laundering and that one of his bank clients was Michael Zang whose accounts were cleaned out shortly after his death.
- Dominic's car is towed away. When he gets it back, his briefcase is missing. Helen recovers it, but all his notes are all gone.
- The stepfather of the girl who was hit, Ted Fellows, talks with Dominic concerning the investigation.
- Dominic talks with Monty and asks him about the damage on the car and he says he didn't any damage
- Dominic sets Leo up with a hotel security job. He also asks him to look into the book he took from the private investigator.
- Dominic meets with Mayor Hathaway who agrees to support the red light district. Jacobs puts up more resistance due to the Roy Cardinale investigation. Dominic agrees to let it go, if he punishes the officers. Jacobs agrees to dismiss Dino, but offers him a job at a security company.
- The supervisor notices all the scratches on the door lock, which Dominic points out was when he got locked out of his car in "Wash the Blood Out of the Ring".