Family Guy/When You Wish upon a Weinstein
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
When You Wish upon a Weinstein is the twenty-second episode of the third season of Family Guy, and the fiftieth episode overall.
Peter gets swindled by a phony salesmen, buying volcano insurance with Lois's rainy day money. After hearing about Cleveland and Quagmire's financial success due to financial help from people with Jewish-sounding names, Peter deduces that he should have a Jew help him with his money problems. He uses the power of singing a prayer to summon Max Weinstein, a Jewish man who agrees to help Peter with his money. After seeing the power of Judiasm, Peter becomes determined to convert his son Chris to become Jewish to ensure his success, and takes him to Las Vegas. Lois, after finding out what happened, stop them.
- This is either the lost or banned episode, depending on who you ask. It actually made it's way through production, received a blessing from a rabbi, and was about to be shown before it was left on the cutting room floor.
- First aired on Cartoon Network.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- When Lois takes off to Vegas, the entire sequence is a homage to The Graduate.
- In the temple, Optimus Prime, the old Transformer hero is Jewish.
- Along with half of Lenny Kravitz.
- Peter thanks Max for Spaceballs, Mel Brooks classic space farce.
- Overall Grade: no reviews yet
- Review Breakdown: A+: 0 A: 0 A-: 0 B+: 0 B: 0 B-: 0 C+: 0 C: 0 C-: 0 D: 0 F: 0