Investigation Discovery (ID) is a Discovery, Inc. owned television network that features documentary-style programs focusing on true crime subjects, mostly with violent natures.
Investigation Discovery was launched in 1996 under the name Discovery Civilization Network: The World History and Geography Channel. Along with Discovery Kids (now Discovery Family), Discovery Travel & Living Network, and Discovery Science, it was one of four digital networks rolled out by parent company Discovery Communications in October of that year. The network was originally planned in November 1994. Time Traveler was its working name.
In April 2002, New York Times Television and Discovery Communications began a joint venture to run the Discovery Civilization Channel. The partnership between the two aimed toward historical shows, including programs about current events and contemporary history.
In 2003, the network rebranded as Discovery Times, which focused on American culture and contained programs aimed toward the well-being and culture of the American people, along with other miscellaneous programs.
- Program Listing: A complete listing of shows that aired new episodes on Investigation Discovery.
- Killing Richard Glossip (fifth episode — sometime in 2019)
- Las Vegas Law (Season 2 — sometime in 2019)
- Love & Hate Crime (third installment: sometime in 2019)
- The Interrogator (Season 1 — sometime in 2019)
Shows in Limbo
- Official website for Investigation Discovery