King of the Hill/Three Days of the Kahndo
Three Days of the Kahndo is the fifteenth episode of the second season of King of the Hill, and the twenty-seventh episode overall.
Special Guest Voice: Paul Rodriguez (Jacinto)
The Hills take up an offer from the Souphanousinphone to share a condo in Mexico. Unfortunately, they get into trouble, leading the guys stranded on the wrong side of the border.
Monsignor Martinez: Vaya con Dios.
- Toni Basil - "Mickey"
- For the the title sequence, the first few acoustic guitar riffs are very distinctly Mexican-sounding.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- In addition to singing along to Toni Basil's "Mickey", Kahn also sings "She Blinded Me with Science" by Thomas Dolby and "What I Like About You" by the Romantics.
- Hank: Well, sure, there are some pros. It's a good deal. And I guess there's nothin' tying us to the house now that we've got automatic sprinklers, but there's also the cons, the biggest one bein', well, Kahn.
- Bobby: Why is there such a big fence, dad?
- Hank: Well, millions of people come to America in search of a better life and we've decided we don't need that many.
- Bobby: Did the Souphanousinphones come through the fence?
- Hank: No, Bobby. Kahn applied the legal way. Sometimes the system fails us.
- Peggy: Just make sure to apply plenty of sunscreen, honey. We are much closer to the sun here than in Texas.
- Hank: Pretty good job, Kahn. I've never heard that song with only one note before.
- Kahn: Yeah, it all about rhythm.
- Connie: I think it's a dud.
- Bobby: Yeah. Let's give it 15 more minutes.
- Kahn: Border right there. Millions of people cross over everyday. We can, too. No big deal.
- Hank: Illegally? No! America is my country and I love her. I wouldn't enter her in any way that's unnatural.
- Hank: This river is filthy. Look at this. Underwear floatin' around.
- Dale: Uh, Hank. A little help here?
- Mexican Woman: He won't last 2 days in the U.S.
- Kahn: Look how easy it is to get into this country. Oh, I can't believe I had to learn the Bill of Rights. When am I gonna use that?
- Dale: You'd be surprised, Kahn. I take the 5th on a daily basis.