The Outer Limits (1963)/Demon With a Glass Hand
From The TV IV
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
Demon With a Glass Hand is the fifth episode of the second season of The Outer Limits, and the thirty-seventh episode overall.
Starring: Robert Culp (Trent)
- TV Guide ranked this episode number 73 on its 2009 list of the 100 Greatest Episodes.
- The episode was adapted into a graphic novel by DC Comics in 1986 as part of its DC Science Fiction Graphic Novel series.
- Ellison had hoped to write a sequel as part of an episode of Babylon 5.
- Ellison also wrote other stories within the universe of the Earth-Kyba war, five of which - "Run For the Stars", "Life Hutch", "The Untouchable Adolescents", "Trojan Hearse", and "Sleeping Dogs" - were adapted into the 1987 graphic novel Night and the Enemy. He also wrote the short story "The Human Operators" set in the same universe, which was adapted into an episode of the same name for the revival series.
- It was reported in 2014 that the episode was to be adapted into a film, but there's no known status of the project in the years since.
Behind the Scenes
- This episode has been misreported to have been the basis of Harlan Ellison's plagiarism lawsuit over The Terminator. Ellison later clarified that the film was a ripoff of "Soldier" and not this episode.
Allusions and References
- Narrating, Vic Perrin, says "Sumerican" instead of "Sumerian".