American Dad/Stan of Arabia (1)
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
Stan of Arabia (1) is the twelfth episode of the first season of American Dad.
Guest Stars: Mike Henry (Jackson / Michael Moore / Faziz), Stephen Root (Dick), Peter Lurie (Mysterious Man), Paget Brewster (Woman / Thundercat), Jeff Bennett (Mahmood), Fred Tatasciore (Police Officer #2), Brian George (Ali), Neal Feinberg (Khalid), April Stewart (Salima / Bahir), André Sogliuzzo (Manager), Jill Talley (Mom / Dalia), Wally Wingert (Jay Leno), Odile Corso (Angelina Jolie), Jeff Fischer (Jeff Fisher), Patrick Stewart (Bullock)
Stan and his fellow CIA agents are planning a surprise party for their boss Deputy Director Bullock. The party is similar to a roast of famous celebrities. Stan wants Francine to attend with him. However, she has other plans for the same evening. She will be performing in a play. She had made mention of it to Stan numerous times. On the night of the roast/party Stan meets comedian Jay Leno. Leno was to be the roaster. After making a wisecrack to Stan, Stan kills him, not realizing that he was to roast Bullock. Seeing his dilemma, Stan begins the roast with jokes from the top of his head. His jokes bomb so much he is thrown out of the party. The following day, Bullock reassigns Stan to Saudi Arabia. He tells Stan that this is his promotion. It is in fact a punishment for Stan's bad jokes of the night before. Stan,and the family get settled in Saudi Arabia. Stan is apprehensive about living this country with what he considers terroristic and has hopes that Bullock will change his mind and rehire him. Francine and the others are willing to be friendly with the Saudi people. By this episodes end, all will have changes of heart.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Lawrence of Arabia: The title, several scenes and music in the episode are direct references to the 1962 epic film, Lawrence of Arabia. In the film, T.E. Lawrence, a lieutenant in the British Army, is reassigned to observe what is now known as Saudi Arabia. The movie is a biographical look at Lawrence's life through the eyes of Jackson Bentley, a journalist.
- Stan: I am Stan of Arabia!
- When Stan sings in his fantasies about the simpler times, we see the images of Laura Petrie, Wilma Flintstone and Edith Bunker, three very famous TV wives. We also see Jeannie and Tony Nelson.
- Steve being dragged out of the Movie theater for being an underaged adolescent.
- Stan: The Smiths are staying in Saudi Arabia... forever.