Arrested Development/Development Arrested
Development Arrested is the thirteenth episode of the third season of Arrested Development, and the fifty-third episode overall.
With George Sr. cleared, the family once again gathers on a boat to celebrate the Bluth Company's new leadership.
- Pilot: This episode is filled with references to the pilot.
- The Cabin Show: The Bluth Co. is upgraded from "Don't Buy" to "Risky" by Mad Money's Jim Cramer.
- Out on a Limb: The family appears to be eating a Skip's Scramble, failing to heed the narrator's advice from the earlier episode.
- Queen for a Day: Tobias confuses the Queen Mary ship with the Queen Mary nightclub.
- Notapusy: A reference is made to GOB's statement that the third place contestant in beauty pageants sleeps with the judges.
- This was the fourth in a set of four episodes that aired on Friday, February 10th, 2006 (opposite the opening ceremonies of the 2006 Winter Olympics), that marked the end of original Arrested Development episodes on FOX.
Behind the Scenes
- Awards: This episode was nominated for an IVy Award for the 2005-06 season for Best Individual Episode of a Comedy Series.
Allusions and References
- Pete Rose: Rose, baseball's all time hit leader, was known as "Charlie Hustle" for his aggressive play, including frequently sliding head first (instead of feet first, which is more common and less dangerous), as shown in the photo.
- Risky Business: The Bluth Co. employees celebrate their upgrade to "risky" with a party based around the 1980's Tom Cruise film Risky Business, in which he famously dances in sunglasses, a shirt with upturned collar, and underwear.