Caprica/Ghosts in the Machine
|Ghosts in the Machine|
|Season 1, Episode 7|
|Airdate||March 19, 2010|
|Written by||Michael Taylor|
|Directed by||Wayne Rose|
The Imperfections of Memory
End of Line
|Caprica — Season One|
Ghosts in the Machine is the seventh episode of the first season of Caprica.
Starring: Eric Stoltz (Dr. Daniel Graystone), Esai Morales (Joseph Adama), Paula Malcomson (Dr. Amanda Graystone), Alessandra Torresani (Zoe Graystone), Magda Apanowicz (Lacy Rand), Sasha Roiz (Sam Adama)
and Polly Walker (Sister Clarice Willow)
Guest Starring: John Pyper-Ferguson (Tomas Vergis)
Guest Starring (end credits): Leah Gibson (Emmanuelle), Dmitry Chepovetsky (Cerberus)
Co-Starring: Phil Granger (Tanner), Anita Torrance (Mar-Beth), Panou (Olaf), Jim Thomson (Voice of Serge), Jesse Haddock, Johnston Gray (Darius), Stefan Arngrim (Amphead), Ron Selmour (Shotgun), King Lau (Bouncer #2), Amos Stern (Cigarette Man), Patrick Sabongui (Weasley Bouncer), Kailyn Stratton (Six-year-old Zoe), Kassandra Kingsborough (Young Amanada), Hannah (Caesar the Dog), Kirstyn Konig, Crystal Yuan-Jui Lai, Paula Giroday, Aryn Savard (Female Dancers), Christian Vincent, Scott Augustine, Kenny Mugisha, Marco Arimare (Male Dancers)
Certain that the avatar of his daughter remains in the U-87, Daniel puts it through several psychological tests to coax her to reveal herself to him, unaware that he is pushing Zoe to limits she may not be able to pull herself back from.
In the V-world, Joseph continues his hunt for his own daughter, discovering that Tamara has become something he doesn't understand.
- Daniel attempts to get the Zoe to acknowledge her presence in the U-87. However, he is unable to get her to respond.
- Vergis visits Amanda and tells her Daniel's role in the theft of the MCP and the murder of his two employees.
- Joseph continues with Emmanuelle to find Tamara, following her signature 'T' she signed with a flower. To help him, Emmanuelle introduces him to a drug called Amp that elevates a player's reflexes and senses. However, due to it going right to the pleasure centres of the brain, Amp can be addictive.
- Emmanuelle tells Joseph that her avatar in the game isn't what she looks like in the real world.
- Zoe developed a fear of fire following her being trapped for seven minutes in an earlier home as it burned.
- Zoe believes her father lied to her to use her to save his military contract. Thus, she refuses to come out as she believes he would only use her more, perhaps in worse ways. This resentment build to the point where she fears what she might do if she'll regret.
- Ron Selmour had previously a prison guard on the Astral Queen in the Battlestar Galactica episode "Bastille Day".
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- When Cerberus holds up the paper with the riddle, at one point, he goes from holding it on the right side to holding at the top.