Da Vinci's Inquest/Not So Pretty Now
Not So Pretty Now is the first episode of the seventh season of Da Vinci's Inquest, and the seventy-ninth episode overall.
Starring: Nicholas Campbell (Dominic Da Vinci), Ian Tracey (Detective Mick Leary), Venus Terzo (Detective Angela Kosmo), Donnelly Rhodes (Detective Leo Shannon), Kim Hawthorne (Detective Rose Williams), Alex Diakun (Chick Savoy), Gerard Plunkett (Chief Coroner Bob Kelly), Sarah-Jane Redmond (Sergeant Sheila Kurtz) (credit only), Sarah Strange (Helen) (credit only)
Also Appearing: Stephen E. Miller (Detective Zack McNab), John Cassini (Dino Rosario), Brian Markinson (Bill Jacobs), Alisen Down (Dr. Maria Donato), Bill Dow (Mayor Russ Hathaway), Chris Britton (Richard Norton), Kandyse McClure (Marla), Camille Sullivan (Detective Suki Taylor), Colin Cunningham (Detective Brian Curtis)
Co-Starring: Jim McGillveray (Street Drummer), Darren Moore (Street Preacher), Ivan De Leon (Roy Cardinale), Layla Alizada (Gloria), Richard Kahan (John Dunne), Hayden Baptiste (Uniform #1), Andrew Richard Campbell (Peter), Chris Koch (Guy), Allie Mickelson (Alice), Jessica Lee (Hysterical Girl), Maya Nadine (Uniform #2), Dee Jay Jackson (Lou), Simone Bailly (Uniform #3), Rob Bruner (Noel), Michelle Goh (Mrs. Vera Zang), Dean Marshall (Constable Carter), Bernard Cuffling (Father Feenie), Dale Hall (Bartender)
A case of police brutality maybe linked to an accident by the train tracks while the mayor's car is involved in a hit-and-run.
A man's apparent suicide occurs in a law office, but Leo and Rose can tell something is amiss.
Dominic looks into a woman's death outside of a church and her connection to its priest.
- Two young dealers, Roy Cardinale and John Dunne, are stopped and put in a police car by Dino Rosario and Gloria. Dunne is dropped off while Roy is taken near the train tracks, accompanied by another pair of officers and brutally beaten. He is later hit by a train, losing a leg.
- A 16 year old girl is the victim of a hit-and-run. The car is identified as the mayor's who reported it stolen from his home. The car is later found, the damage supports that it was responsible.
- Brian cleaned out the garage before Mick and Kosmo were able to obtain a warrant to search it.
- Leo and Rose called to a suicide of Michael Zang in the office of Richard Norton. Zang made a deal with the Crown for a reduced sentence if he explained his money laundering and name participants. He claims he sent his secretary out getting coffee, that Zang asked for a cappuccino. He also explains he washed his hands as a natural reaction, which Leo thinks was done to nullify a gun residue test. They interview the wife who claims to not know he had a gun. They can't find his car and she asks about several thousands of dollars he had with him. She also says she never saw him drink coffee.
- Bill Jacobs is selected as Police Chief.
- Lou is now an assistant coroner.
- Kosmo tells Mick that Suki is no longer in a relationship with the constable and asked her if he's seeing someone. She later tells Mick about an apartment that's opened up at her building.
- Carter asks Mick to be his assistant soccer coach. He agrees by showing up.
- Jan Ferris would go on to play constable Jan Ferris in Da Vinci's City Hall. Since her character is only identified as a uniform, it's possible to regard it as the same character.