Eli Stone/Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go is the fourth episode of the first season of Eli Stone.
Starring: Jonny Lee Miller (Eli Stone), Natasha Henstridge (Taylor Wethersby), Loretta Devine (Patti), Matt Letscher (Nathan Stone), Sam Jaeger (Matt Dowd), James Saito (Dr. Chen), Julie Gonzalo (Maggie Dekker)
Guest Starring: Chris Diamantopoulos (Jake McCann), Jason George (Keith Bennett), Alyson Reed (Judge Brenda McCarthy), Matt DeCaro, Jeffrey Hutchinson (Father Liam Hewson), Katie Amanda Keane (Jane Halston), Joseph Will (Adam Rivera), Mandy Siegfried (Holly Rivera)
With: Tom Amandes (Martin Posner)
And: James Avery (Mason Andrews)
- "Good Lovin'" by The Rascals: The song that Jake sings in one instance in the episode, as mentioned by Eli to his brother, is "Good Lovin'" by The Rascals. The song was a hit single released in 1966, although it was originally recorded by a novelty act called The Olympics.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- WE: Women's Entertainment: There are several mentions of Eli watching the WE network when he's in bachelor mode. "WE" stands for Women's Entertainment and is a sister channel to AMC and IFC. As a result of being linked to film channels, WE typically broadcasts reruns of made-for-TV movies, older feature films and talk shows revolving around the empowerment of women. In many ways, it resembles Oxygen and Lifetime.
- Nathan: ...watching reruns of TV movies on the WE network.
- The Ring: The Ring is the American remake of a Japanese horror film called Ringu. In the lore of both movies, the evil spirit of a girl inhabits a video tape and when people watch the tape (which is filled with unusual non-sequitor images), they die seconds later. Towards the end of the movie, the spirit climbs out of the well she supposedly drowned in, walks toward the screen and climbs through the television to kill someone watching the tape.
- Frank: Like that creepy chick in The Ring?
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jimmy Kimmel is a late night talk show host who hosts Jimmy Kimmel Live on ABC. Prior to his hosting gig, Kimmel was the co-host of The Man Show and Win Ben Stein's Money on Comedy Central. On his talk show, which debuted in 2003, Kimmel typically books internet sensations and unusual guests to stand out against more well known shows.
- Jake: When I went to sleep, I had no idea who Kimmel was.
- Working Girl: Eli mentions at the end of the episode that the WE channel is airing a rerun of Working Girl. Working Girl is an Academy Award nominated film starring Melanie Griffith as a secretary who uses the injury of her boss to put a merger deal into motion.
- Eli: There's a rerun of Working Girl on the WE channel.