King of the Hill/The Buck Stops Here
The Buck Stops Here is the second episode of the fifth season of King of the Hill, and the eighty-sixth episode overall.
and Toby Huss (Security Guard, Suana Employee, Thug #1, Boyfriend)
Also Starring: Norm Hiscock (Officer, Thug #2), Dave Thomas (Rooster), Lauren Tom (Minh Souphanousinphone), Myra Dent (Lupino), Beth Grant (McMaynerbury Nurse), Andrew Lawrence (Caddie), Lorna Scott (Blood Drive Nurse)
Bobby gets employed working as Buck's caddy, but Hank soon begins to worry about the influence his boss is having on his son.
Buck: Miz Liz! Two hot toddies!
Seen, But Not Heard
- Stevie Ray Vaughan - "Texas Flood"
- Buck mentions having a son from a different woman either named Ray or Roy who lives in another city.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Bobby tells Hank that he stayed up all night watching a Taxi marathon on Nick at Nite and proceeds to imitate Andy Kaufman's character of Latka Gravas as he says "Thank you very much."
- Bobby looks at the clock at complains that he's "missing the Wheel."
- As Hank drives through Arkansas, he sees a sign welcoming him to Hot Springs "home town of Bill Clinton" and then proceeds to lock the doors on his truck.
- Hank: I've put together a chore list. And I made sure to alternate between light and heavy chores.
- Bobby: Weed-pulling is not a light chore.
- Hank: Yes, it is. I just purchased a new weed-puller. Well, actually, I wouldn't mind trying that out first. And, uh, don't worry about the garage door. I'll paint that this weekend and... Huh. I'm not giving you my chores. You're getting a job.
- Bobby: Okay, though I'm not very employable. No skills, bad attitude, seventh-grade education, but we can try.
- Minh: I've been donating blood for long time. I'm what they call a universal donor. Type O. I can give blood to anyone. My blood that important.
- Peggy: Well, I am AB negative, the rarest blood of all. Liquid gold!
- Minh: Hear that, Peggy Hill? Next time I'll be drinking orange juice from a coffee mug while you still drinking from the little itty-bitty Peggy Hill paper cup!
- Security Guard: (to Bobby) Do you know who you knocked down? The chairman of the Membership Committee. Yeah, that's right. Corky Raywood. Oh, I'd be wetting myself, too, right now if I were you.
- Security Guard: Also, sir, your truck is parked more than one foot from the curb. I'm giving you a warning.
- Hank: You're not a cop.
- Security Guard: That's why it's just a warning.
- Bobby: I don't know if you've ever ridden a block of ice before.
- Buck: Well, I married Miz Liz, didn't I?
- Buck: You know, he tried to get me kicked out of the club for throwing my putter at his wife. No one sneezes when Buck Strickland's about to putt. Except for Buck Strickland.
- Buck: He reminds me of my own boy.
- Hank: I didn't know you had a son.
- Buck: Yeah, lives in different town, different woman. Name's Roy, Ray; something like that. After 16 years I'm too embarrassed to ask.
- Bill: I had a dream last night where we were all naked. Except for you, Hank. You had these tiny clear plastic underpants on. Actually, they - they weren't doing you any good, really, because you could see everything.
- Hank: Well, while Buck's out enjoying himself on the links I'm just glad he's got someone like me at the shop to keep the trains running on time. Take today, for instance. We got a surprise call from the Propane Association. They needed to talk to Buck. Well, I handled it. Told them that would be fine. Yep, that's just the kind of fires I have to put out when Buck's not around.
- Bobby: Mister Strickland got up under more balls than a midget hooker.
- Bobby: Well, isn't that cheating, Mister Strickland?
- Hank: I'm not gonna lie to you, Bobby. No. It's just being clumsy. And there's no law against being clumsy. That is, unless you're caught.
- Buck: Go find the ball, Bobby. Find it some place good.
- Hank: You're giving that watch back!
- Bobby: No, I'm not! Mister Strickland gave me that watch and it's Mister. Strickland who gives me my money! He asks me to jump and I say "How high?" He asks me to cheat and we're on the green in two.
- Peggy: Hank, what are you doing?
- Hank: I know what I'm doing.
- Peggy: Well, it sounds like you know what you're doing, but I am still too lightheaded to really fully comprehend your plan.
- Hank: Buck's no babysitter. He'll turn Bobby away the minute he sets foot on his doorstep.
- Peggy: All right, I can't handle a thousand details, Hank. Just give me the broad strokes.
- Hank: If Mister Strickland calls, you tell him... (dramatic pause) I'm taking a personal day.
- Minh: That's not real! You made that yourself! They wouldn't take any more blood from you!
- Peggy: Well, maybe not in Arlen, maybe not in McMaynerbury, but Minh, there's a little town called Houston. And when that construction crane fell over, they didn't have time to ask questions.
- Minh: You lying!
- Peggy: I would not be down here gloating if I were. I think I'll go inside and brew some coffee.
- (Minh leaves and Peggy continues to lay on the ground)
- Peggy: Yep. That's gonna taste sweet.
- Officer: Thanks for letting me know that my taillight was out.
- Hank: Well, I'd want you to do the same for me, Officer.
- Buck: (wielding broken beer bottle) You heard me! I'm havin' a gotdanged heart attack!