Lisa Deanna Rinna was born July 11, 1963 in Newport Beach, California to Frank and Lois Rinna, both of whom were artists. In 1970, her father received a job as an artistic director and moved the family to Oregon, where Rinna graduated from Medford Senior High School.
Rather than attending college, she moved to San Francisco to pursue a modelling career but struggled. In 1987, she moved to Los Angeles to pursue acting, and she soon found work in commercials and sitcoms.
In 1992, Rinna landed her big break on the TV soap opera Days of Our Lives. After a brief stint in primetime with a role on Melrose Place, she married actor Harry Hamlin. In 1998, while six months pregnant with her daughter Delilah Belle, she posed nude for the September 1998 issue of Playboy. In 2002, she was tapped to host the talk show SoapTalk for the cable network SOAPnet and returned to Days of Our Lives to reprise her role as Billie Reed.
In 2003, Rinna began her own chain of high-priced, high fashion boutique clothing stores, belle gray boutique in Los Angeles. She lives in Los Angeles with Hamlin and their two daughters, Delilah and Amelia Gray.
|Days of our Lives||Billie Reed||1992-1995, 2002-2003, 2012-2013|
|Melrose Place||Taylor McBride||1996–1998||5||6|
Guest Starring Roles
Specials and Made-for-TV Movies
|Lies Before Kisses||Adrianne||March 3, 1991|
|Night Sins||Billie Reed||February 26, 1993||Days of Our Lives|
|Winter Heat||Billie Reed||February 4, 1994||Days of Our Lives|
|Danielle Steel's Vanished||Marielle Delauney||April 3, 1995|
|Close to Danger||Jennifer Cole||January 13, 1997|
|Nick Fury: Agent of Shield||Contessa Valentina de Allegro Fontaine||May 26, 1998|
|Another Woman's Husband||Laurel McArthur||March 6, 2000|
|Sex, Lies & Obsession||Joanna Thomas||May 7, 2001|
|18th Annual Soap Opera Digest Awards||Herself||April 5, 2003||Soap Opera Digest Awards|
|Where Are They Now?: 90210, Melrose and More||Herself||July 1, 2003|
|SOAPnet Salutes ABC Daytime||Host||September 1, 2003|
|The 31st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards||Herself||May 21, 2004||Daytime Emmy Awards|
|SOAPnet Reveals ABC Soap Secrets||Host||August 16, 2004|
|The 32nd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards||Herself||May 20, 2005||Daytime Emmy Awards|
|The 33rd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards||Herself||April 28, 2006||Daytime Emmy Awards|
Talk, News and Game Show Appearances
Notable Film Roles
- Good Advice (2001): Veronica Simpson
Awards and Accolades
- Nominated: Outstanding Talk Show Host (2003, 2005, 2006, 2007)
Soap Opera Digest Awards
(2 Nominations/2 Wins)
- Won: Outstanding Female Newcomer (1993)
- Won: Hottest Soap Couple (1994)
Laboratory Institute of Merchandising Awards
- Won: Innovators in Fashion Award (2004)
- Married to Harry Hamlin since 1997; they have two daughters: Delilah (born in 1998) & Amelia (born in 2001)
- Is of Italian, Portuguese, and English ancestry
- Is an only child
- Moved to Medford, Oregon when she was 8 years old
- Graduated from Medford Senior High School in 1981
- Appeared in the music video for singer John Parr's song "Naughty Naughty"
- She and her husband owned the Belle Gray clothing boutique in Sherman Oaks, California
- Played the fictional (tragic) wife of Aaron Echolls, who was played by her real-life husband on Veronica Mars.