SCI FI Pictures/Pumpkinhead: Ashes to Ashes
Pumpkinhead: Ashes to Ashes (also known as Pumpkinhead 3) is a horror drama movie that aired on October 28, 2006 on the Sci Fi Channel as one of their SCI FI Original Movies and is the third film in the Pumpkinhead film series.
and Lance Henriksen
Cast: Lance Henriksen (Ed Harley), Doug Bradley (Doc Fraser), Doug Roberts (Bunt Wallace), Tess Panzer (Molly Sue Allen), Lisa McAllister (Dahlia Wallace), Lynne Verrall (Haggis), Philip Bowen (Reverend McGee), Emanuel Parvu (Oliver Allen), Ioana Ginghina (Ellie Johnson), Radu Iacoban (Richie), Catalin Paraschiv (Ronnie Johnson), Dan Astilean (Sheriff Bullock), Aurel Dicu (Tiny), Iulian Glita (Junior), Emil Hostina (Lenny), Vali Vasilescu (Deputy Ben), Barton Sidles (Fred), Mircea Stoian (Agent Black), Radu Bânzaru (Agent Benson)
When a family is found to have been desecrating the dead, some of the dead's family go to seek a witch. From her, they hope the stories are true about the demon they want to use for revenge: Pumpkinhead.
- The film serves as a direct sequel to the first Pumpkinhead film, ignoring the events of the second film Pumpkinhead II: Blood Wings, which itself had little more than a superficial connection to the first film.
- In the first film, Bunt's family is shown to have consisted of a father, grandfather, and several siblings, including a couple of sisters, one of whom was named Hessie. This film makes no attempt to explain the difference in how his family is depicted between the films, including how they wound up in illegal activity with Fraser.
Behind the Scenes
- Was film back-to-back with Pumpkinhead: Blood Feud.
- Lance Henriksen and Doug Bradley had both earlier starred together in Hellraiser: Hellworld.
Allusions and References
- In the first film, Pumpkinhead hunted down all the city kids instead of just the one who was responsible. This implied that the creature's targets are based on the perception of the one who calls on it, as Ed believed them all to be responsible. Therefore, it's inconsistent that it would hunt down Fraser since clearly no one knew he was involved in the Wallace family.
- The film reiterates from the first film that Pumpkinhead only kills those marked and the ones who get in its way. Despite this, the creature seems to target the reverend, even before he attempted to use holy water against it, violating this concept.
- There's no one that many bodies could have all been completely cremated in the short time depicted.
- Dead bodies from a crime scene would not be left out in the open overnight.
- Bunt: We're marked.
- Ed: Yes, you are, Bunt Wallace. You reap what you sow. You're all marked.
- Bunt: No, it's not my fault, Ed Harley. It's not my fault.
- Ed: Why don't you tell that to God when you see him? "I just laid down with the dogs and got fleas."
|Pumpkinhead: Ashes to Ashes||March 27, 2007||1|