Pilot is the first episode of the first season of Supernatural.
Guest Stars: Sarah Shahi (Constance Welch/Woman in White), Ross Kohn (Troy Squire), Elizabeth Bond (Amy Hein), R.D. Call (Sheriff), Derek Webster (Unknown), Hunter Brochu (Unknown), Robert Peters (Unknown), Richard Dano (Unknown), Jamil Z. Smith (Unknown), Cletus Young (Unknown), Samantha Smith (Mary Winchester), Steve Railsback (Joseph Welch), Jeffrey Dean Morgan (John Winchester), Adrianne Palicki (Jessica), Miriam Korn (Rachel)
Sam Winchester had done his best to escape his family's horrific history and make a life of his own. A successful law student at Stanford, with a beautiful and loving girlfriend, his life is rudely interrupted by his brother Dean who shows up at Sam's apartment in the middle of the night. When the two brothers were children, an unknown and ruthless supernatural being brutally murdered their mother, sending their father into a life long quest to track down and destroy the being, and any other supernatural badguys they encounter on their way.
Dean has come to Sam for one reason: their father has gone missing while on a supernatural "hunting trip". With no other option, Sam puts his entire life on hold to help Dean search for their missing father. This search takes them to Jericho, California, where a mysterious female hitchhiker, dressed in white, is killing young men. The brothers try and solve the mystery of the hitchhiker and put a stop to the murders, along the way also discovering more clues into their fathers dissappearance.
Behind the Scenes
Music included in this episode:
- "Ramblin' Man" by The Allman Brothers Band
- "Gasoline" by The Living Daylights
- "Speaking In Tounges" by The Eagles Of Death Metal
- "What Cha Gonna Do" by Classic
- "Highway To Hell" by AC/DC
- "Back In Black" by AC/DC
- "My Cheatin' Ways" by Kid Gloves Music
Allusions and References
- The X-Files: An allusion is made to the hit science fiction television show when Dean refers to police officers by the last names of the shows' two main characters.
- Star Wars trilogy: An allusion is made to this highly successful blockbuster science fiction trilogy when Dean introduces Sam and himself as "agent Ford and Hamill". Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill were the lead actors the trilogy.
- Sam: No. Whatever you wanna say you can say it in front of her.
Dean: Dad's on a hunting trip and he hasn't been home in a few days.
Sam: Jess, excuse us, we have to go outside.
- Sam: When I told Dad I was scared of the thing in my closet, he gave me a .45.
Dean: What was he supposed to do?
Sam: I was nine years old. He was supposed to say, "Don't be afraid of the dark"!
Dean: "Don't be afraid of the dark"? Are you kidding me? Of course you should be afraid of the dark. You know what's out there!
- Sam: So how'd you pay for that stuff? You and dad still running credit card scams?
Dean: Well, yeah. Hunting ain't exactly a pro ball career. Besides, all we do is apply. It's not our fault they send us the cards.
- Dean: Problem, officers?
Ranger: So, fake US Marshal, fake credit cards. You got anything that's real?
Dean : My boobs?
- Dean: I am Agent Ford, this is Agent Hamill.
- Dean:No chick flick moments.