| This article about an episode needs to be expanded with more information.|
Please help out by editing it.
Dragonchasers is the tenth episode of the first season of The Shield.
Starring: Michael Chiklis (Detective Vic Mackey), Catherine Dent (Officer Danielle "Danny" Sofer), Walton Goggins (Detective Shane Vendrell), Michael Jace (Officer Julien Lowe), Kenneth Johnson (Detective Curtis "Lemonhead" Lemansky), Jay Karnes (Detective Holland "Dutch" Wagenbach), Benito Martinez (Captain David Aceveda)
Uncredited: Omar McClinton (Officer Roman)
While the Strike Team work on a mugging ring being run out a strip club, Ronnie helps Vic with Connie who decides to detox for her son after her mother suddenly dies.
After Danny and Julien catch a man masturbating in public, Dutch suspects he maybe the serial killer he's been trying to catch.
- Hedder - "Pull You Into Me"
- Tempest - "Anthem"
- Goleta - "Satellite"
- Goleta - "Sing Along"
- Erinn Williams - "I Am King"
- Mogwai - "Helicon 1"
- Mogwai - "Take Me Somewhere Nice"
- Despite an earnest attempt to get clean, Connie relapses fast and decides she can't be helped, but her son still has a chance and leaves him to be taken into foster care.
- Dutch finally catches the serial killer responsible for murdering the teen prostitute. In doing so, he earns much of the department's respect.
- A reporter profiling Aceveda reveals that a woman has alleged he raped her 15 years ago.
- Dutch has been trying to catch the serial killer since "Cherrypoppers".
Behind the Scenes
- Brian is played by the child of series creator Shawn Ryan and wife Cathy Cahlin Ryan.
Allusions and References
- Tereza Varela: "The Barn"?
- Aceveda: Farmington's called the Farm. When we moved into the old church, one of the officers nicknamed the place "The Barn". The name stuck.
- Tereza Varela: It's ironic, taking over a church. God moved out. The cops moved in.
- Aceveda: God's still here. We just sublet.
- Dutch: It's pathetic.
- Sean Taylor: What is?
- Dutch: How typical you are. Soon as you're caught, you try to be special.
- Sean Taylor: I killed 22 people. Well, 23, if you wanna count the hunting accident back in Rockford. Oh, I'm special, all right.
- Dutch: If you're so special how come a lowly civil servant like me just caught you?