Battlestar Galactica (2003)/Guess What's Coming to Dinner
Guess What's Coming to Dinner is the seventh episode of the fourth season of Battlestar Galactica, and the sixtieth episode overall.
Starring: Edward James Olmos (Admiral William Adama), Mary McDonnell (Laura Roslin), Katee Sackhoff (Kara "Starbuck" Thrace), Jamie Bamber (Lee Adama), James Callis (Dr. Gaius Baltar), Tricia Helfer (Number Six), Grace Park (Lieutenant Sharon "Athena" Agathon)
Secondary Stars: Michael Hogan (Colonel Saul Tigh), Aaron Douglas (Chief Galen Tyrol), Tahmoh Penikett (Captain Karl "Helo" Agathon), Michael Trucco (Samuel Anders), Alessandro Juliani (Lt. Felix Gaeta), Kandyse McClure (Lieutenant Anastasia "Dee" Dualla)
Cast: Brad Dryborough (Hoshi), Leah Cairns (Racetrack), Colin Lawrence (Skulls), Jennifer Halley (Seelix), Colin Corrigan (Marine Norwat), Alexandra Thomas (Hera), Donna Soares (Gemenon Delegate), Andrew McIlroy (Jacob Cantrell), Judith Maxie (Picon Delegate), Iris Paluly (Speaking Delegate #2), Marilyn Norry (Reza Chronides), Craig Veroni (Maldonaldo), Lee Jeffery (Redwing)
Galactica agrees to help the rebel Cylons unbox the Number Three models so as to reveal the identity of the Final Five while they, in turn, will be allowed to destroy the Cylon resurrection hub. However, alternate plans are secretly plotted as distrust still lurks within both sides
- Demetrius returns with the rebel basestar.
- According to Natalie, the basestar will heal itself.
- A resurrection hub controls the functions of every resurrection ship. However, to protect itself, it jumps periodically to a new set of jump coordinates.
- Natalie offers Galactica to help them take out the resurrection hub if they can get D'Anna. She confirms the Final Five are in the fleet and once they reunite, they'll take them and leave.
- Natalie explains that in order for their lives as Cylon to have meaning, it must end.
- Adama, Roslin, and Tigh debate how to handle the situation. Tigh wants them to just destroy the resurrection hub. Roslin suggests they get D'Anna unboxed, destroy the hub, but hold on to the Final Five until they get to Earth before turning them over.
- Natalie believes the humans haven't changed and devices a plan to hold the humans they take with them hostage until they turn over the Final Five. However, after addressing the Quorum, Natalie believes they maybe being tested and returns to Galactica to warn them.
- Kara tells Roslin about what the Hybrid told her concerning the opera house. She takes Baltar with her to the basestar since the vision concern him so they can see the Hybrid.
- The shooting of Natalie triggers the Hybrid to jump the basestar with the pilots, and Baltar and Roslin with it.
- Baltar has been aware of Roslin sharing visions with Athena and Caprica-Six and begun spreading it in his recordings. Roslin reluctantly confirms to Lee that it's true. She later confronts Tory about it, having become aware of her spending time in Baltar's group. Tory believes he's been making it up, but he asserts it's true and that he learned it from Caprica-Six via his lawyer during his trial.
- Gaeta has his leg amputated. Anders is visibly wrought with guilt.
- Athena sees Hera having drawn numerous Sixes. Fearing her vision of Six taking Athena away will come to pass, she tries to find her and sees Natalie kneeling down to her. Having Tyrol take Hera away, Athena shoots Natalie multiple times.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Natalie: Madam President, you asked for a reason to help us? Vengeance. You destroy the hub, Cylons lose their ability to download. All of us.
- Roslin: Why would you be willing to lose your ability to resurrect?
- Natalie: We're rebels. We can't go back.
- Tyrol: You know, if they unbox the D'Annas, at least we'll find out who the fifth one is.
- Tigh: All that's gonna do is crowd the airlock a little more.
- Roslin: I want you to find out who's behind the shared visions rumours. Who's talking to him?
- Tory: With Baltar?
- Roslin: (nods) You're sleeping with him, right?
- (Tory starts to say something)
- Roslin: Don't. I've just been informed that you've been spotted down there enough times to be a charter member of his nymph squad.
- Tory: All right. I have come to believe in Baltar's spiritual message. I don't know how or why. It just happened. I wish you knew how many times I wanted to tell you. Your friendship and your trust means --
- Roslin: Frak. Clearly my friendship and trust mean frak. And I don't really care if you have to spend the night on your knees praying or just on your knees. I want a name. I want to know who's responsible for these lies.