Lamentation is the eighteenth episode of the first season of Millennium.
Uncredited: Lee Van Paassen (Sondra Fabricant)
A serial killer Frank helped put away years ago somehow manages to escape after an operation. In trying to find him, Frank finds several clues that seem to be targeting and even taunting him.
First Act Quote
- shall see the Devil."
- English Proverb, 1560
- Mount Baker North Cascades, Washington
- Quantico, Virginia
- Arlington, Virginia
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- Seattle, Washington
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky - Festival Overture "The Year 1812", Op.49; French Ouverture Solonelle 1812 (The Opening Theme)
- Lieutenant Bletcher has his throat slit and strung up in the basement of the Black home.
- Frank meets Lucy Butler, a woman isn't what she appears and is seemingly connected to some supernatural evil. Frank believe her to be Bletcher's murderer, but there's no evidence to back it up.
- Watts questions whether the Polaroids addressed to Frank were meant to evoke the ones he received in the pilot from the unidentified stalker.
- It's revealed that the Black address is 1910 Ezekiel.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- When Dr Fabricant grabs Frank, his hand grips the inside of his jacket, next to the top pocket. Yet in the next shot, his hand is all the way up to Frank's collar.
- Peter: They say genius is the ability to hold two contradictory thoughts in your mind at the same time. What do you call a man who holds two contradictory personalities?
- Frank: The Devil.
- Dr Ephraim Fabricant: Hello, Frank. You're mad at me. I understand.
- Frank: What do you understand?
- Dr Ephraim Fabricant: All your mercy and good intentions have brought you no return.
- Frank: You're dying now.
- Dr Ephraim Fabricant: Yes, but not of old age as I'd hoped.
- Frank: Who is she?
- Dr Ephraim Fabricant: She?
- Frank: Lucy Butler.
- Dr Ephraim Fabricant: You had me commuted so you might learn the nature of evil. I can tell you now. (grabs Frank) You think I'm evil, Frank? You don't know what that is. It's greater than we are - you and me.
- Frank: Who did this to you?
- Dr Ephraim Fabricant: The base sum of all evil. The sleep of reason. The Devil's liege.
- Frank: (shouting) Who was in my house?
- Dr Ephraim Fabricant: It knows you, Frank. It feeds off your passion.
- Frank: (shouting) Who killed my friend?
- Peter: Let's go, Frank.
- Dr Ephraim Fabricant: Everything you hold sacred... Frank... Run. Run.