Millennium/Powers, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions
Powers, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions is the nineteenth episode of the first season of Millennium.
Co-Starring: Alf Humphreys (Damon Rummer), Guy Fauchon (Martin), Dean P. Gibson (Phil Brice), Robert Moloney (Uniformed Cop Adams), Nino Caratozzolo (Agent Cuevas), Judith Maxie (Judge Myers), Allan Franz (Medical Examiner Anderson), Bonnie Hay (A.D.A. Mills)
Finding it difficult to return to work after Bletcher's murder, Frank finds himself wrapped up in a bizarre murder case that appears to be tied to that of his friend. Things get stranger when an attorney representing the accused approaches Frank about an offer.
First Act Quote
- a kind of awareness,
- and awareness is just
- a form of love."
- Charles Manson
- Bellingham, Washington
- Seattle, Washington
- A man is arrested for murder who confesses to Bletcher's murder. He is represented by a lawyer named Alistair Pepper who changed the focus of his practises after he suffered a heart attack and was technically dead. Soon, the murderer kills himself under strange circumstances and Pepper offers Frank a job, which he rejects. After briefly seeing Pepper as Lucy Butler, Frank witnesses him being shot by a mysterious young man which he sees as being shot by lightening.
- Frank has trouble returning to work following Bletcher's murder, feeling as though he's lost his confidence in it. But after forcing himself to get involved in a strange case that ultimately puts Frank at ease.
- This episode marks the final appearance of Bill Smitrovich as Lieutenant Bletcher in the series.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Medical Examiner Anderson: He died of an aneurysm. Of natural causes.
- Frank: That's what you'll put in your report?
- Giebelhouse: You disagree?
- Frank: What killed this man was anything but natural.
- Sammael: By Uriel and by Raziel, powers, principalities, thrones and dominions, I bind and command you: Stand! I, Sammael, bound by his will, command you: Depart! (shoots Pepper) Die, you son of a bitch.