Battlestar Galactica (2003)/Crossroads (1)
|Season 3, Episode 19|
|Airdate||March 18, 2007|
|Fleet Survivors||not available|
The Son Also Rises
|Battlestar Galactica (2003) — Season Three|
Crossroads (1) is the nineteenth episode of the third season of Battlestar Galactica, and the fifty-second episode overall.
Starring: Edward James Olmos (Admiral William Adama), Mary McDonnell (Laura Roslin), Jamie Bamber (Major Lee "Apollo" Adama), James Callis (Dr. Gaius Baltar), Tricia Helfer (Number Six), Grace Park (Lieutenant Sharon "Athena" Agathon)
Secondary Stars: Michael Hogan (Colonel Saul Tigh), Aaron Douglas (Chief Galen Tyrol), Tahmoh Penikett (Captain Karl "Helo" Agathon), Alessandro Juliani (Lt. Felix Gaeta), Kandyse McClure (Lieutenant Anastasia "Dee" Dualla)
Guest Stars: Michael Trucco (Samuel Anders), Mark Sheppard (Romo Lampkin), Rekha Sharma (Tory Foster), Chelah Horsdal (Didi Cassidy)
Co-Star: Ryan Robbins (Connor)
Cast: Bodie Olmos (Hotdog), Leah Cairns (Racetrack), Jennifer Halley (Seelix), Colin Lawrence (Skulls), Alison Matthews (Fallbrook), Susan Hogan (Doyle Franks), Stephen Holmes (Reporter #1), Keegan Connor Tracy (Young Woman), William Samples (Judge #2), Colin Corrigan (Marine Nowart), Francoise Robertson (Woman)
Uncredited: Flick Harrison (Bell)
The trial of Gaius Baltar begins, bringing startling revelations to light, and pitting a father and son on opposing sides.
In the meantime, Galactica tries to find out if the fleet is still being tailed by the Cylons.
- The fleet is jumping closer to the Ionian nebula, getting down to the last three.
- Galactica has been leaving a Raptor out after the fleet to see if they are still being tailed by the Cylons. It's discovered that they are. Tigh talks with Caprica-Six and learns that the Cylons learned about a radiation signature from the fleet's fuel ship and have managed to track it. Repairs are underway to fix it, but with the fleet so close, he has the idea to trail the ship away from the fleet long enough to throw the Cylons off.
- Baltar's trial begins.
- A number people have been writing and visiting Baltar. One wants him to bless her sick son.
- Roslin has a dream of her in the opera house, chasing Hera. She sees Athena, also chasing Hera before she's runs into the arms of Number Six.
- Tigh begins hearing music that no one else seems to hear except Anders.
- Anders has begun training to become a pilot.
- Seelix shows some attraction to Anders, but he instead shares a look with Tory who appears to be recently strung out and losing her composure.
- Lee discovers Roslin has resumed taking Chamalla. When he puts her on the stand and gets her to admit this, she goes further and reveals it's because her cancer has returned.
- Dee leaves Lee over his grilling of Roslin and using a system she believes is broken.
- After having been drinking, Tigh is put on the stand where Lampkin gets him to confess that he murdered Ellen. This causes an argument in which Adama admits he doesn't believe Baltar deserves a trial. Angered, Lee takes off his insignia, effectively resigning as an officer. He continues serving as Lampkin's assistant out of uniform.
- The title sequence that has been seen since the first episode is not used in this episode. Instead, the stars' names appear over the opening scenes followed by the series regulars, guest casts, and, curiously, one of the co-stars.
Lee and Lampkin are in the empty court room, when Lee asks Lampkin if he thinks Baltar is guilty. Lampkin notes that everyone is guilty, but adds there's a distinction between guilt and criminality.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- When the trial begins, Roslin can can be seen seated next to Tory. However, she then shortly disappears. During Romo's opening testimony we can hear the door opening as she enters the courtroom, which was not heard before.
- Just before he questions Tigh, Romo is holding up a glass of water that changes levels between shots.
- Lee: You're calling me a liar?
- Adama: I'm calling you a liar and a coward. One who doesn't have the guts to go after a man himself. Instead, you - you hand the shiv to a stranger and let him stab Tigh in the back. And for what? Traitorous piece of garbage Gaius Baltar. Doesn't even deserve a trial.
- Lee: Are you done?
- Adama: Yes.
- Lee: Then so am I. (takes off his insignia) I will not serve under a man who questions my integrity.
- Adama: And I won't have an officer under my command who doesn't have any.
- Karen: Madam President, how long do you have to live?
- Roslin: How long do you have to live, Karen?
- Helo: I was just, uh, just remembering back on Caprica, when the weather was about to change. You'd - you'd get this smell in the air. I mean, the sun could be out, not a cloud in the sky, but you'd pick up this smell and you knew that, um, something was just over the horizon. Weather's changing, Felix. We need to be ready for it. There's a storm coming.