The Walking Dead/Morning Star
Morning Star is the eleventh episode of the tenth season of The Walking Dead, and the one hundred forty-second episode overall.
Starring: Norman Reedus (Daryl Dixon), Danai Gurira (Michonne) (credit only), Melissa McBride (Carol Peletier), Christian Serratos (Rosita Espinosa), Josh McDermitt (Eugene Porter), Seth Gilliam (Gabriel Stokes) (credit only), Ross Marquand (Aaron), Khary Payton (Ezekiel), Ryan Hurst (Beta)
Also Starring: Callan McAuliffe (Alden), Eleanor Matsuura (Yumiko), Cooper Andrews (Jerry), Nadia Hilker (Magna) (credit only), Cailey Fleming (Judith Grimes), Cassady McClincy (Lydia), Lauren Ridloff (Connie) (credit only), Dan Fogler (Luke), Thora Birch (Mary), John Finn (Earl Sutton), Angel Theory (Kelly), Margot Bingham (Stephanie) (voice), Kerry Cahill (Dianne), Nadine Marissa (Nabila), Karen Ceesay (Bertie)
Hilltop braces for the worst when they learn Alpha is coming with the horde.
- Daryl rightly deduces that Negan has joined forces with Alpha.
- Alpha directs the horde to Hilltop. She takes Negan's proposal of getting them to join them only as part of the horde.
- Stephanie agrees to meet Eugene at a place of her choosing.
- As the horde approaches, the Whisperers cut off the roads and after attempting to fight off the horde outside the gates, the fighters are unable to reenter when the Whisperers set fire to it.
- After Rosita lets Eugene to kiss her, he can't do it, realising he's in love with Stephanie.
- Carol discovers Ezekiel has cancer and they have sex again. Preparing for battle, Ezekiel decides to no longer hide the lump on his neck, leading to Daryl also learning about his condition.
- Confronting each other for the first time since escaping the cave, Daryl admits he can never be angry at Carol.
- Daryl recognises Negan's tactic of cutting off the roads as the Saviors did in "Last Day on Earth".
- Carol tells Ezekiel to "never bullshit a bullshiter," which is exactly what he told her in "The Well".
- Since joining the Whisperers, this marks the first time Negan is seen wearing a walker mask.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- The song Eugene sings to Stephanie over the radio is "When the Wind Blows" by Iron Maiden.
- Ezekiel: You've changed. Lost your sense of humour.
- Carol: No, I haven't. I left it on a dresser in the Kingdom and then it burned down.
- Ezekiel: Well, if it makes you feel any better, I left my pride sitting up there, too.
- Carol: I always hated that stupid dresser, anyway.
- Ezekiel: Would this have happened if... it was any other night?
- Carol: What do you mean?
- Ezekiel: If we didn't think we were gonna die tonight.
- Carol: Wait. We're gonna die tonight?
- Rosita: Eugene. You ready or what?
- Eugene: Let's get this over with. I got a date.