The Walking Dead/Who Are You Now?
Who Are You Now is the sixth episode of the ninth season of The Walking Dead, and the one hundred twenty-first episode overall.
Starring: Norman Reedus (Daryl Dixon), Danai Gurira (Michonne), Melissa McBride (Carol Peletier), Alanna Masterson (Tara Chambler) (credit only), Josh McDermitt (Eugene Porter), Christian Serratos (Rosita Espinosa), Seth Gilliam (Gabriel Stokes), Ross Marquand (Aaron), Katelyn Nacon (Enid) (credit only), Tom Payne (Paul "Jesus" Rovia) (credit only), Khary Payton (Ezekiel)
Guest Starring: Eleanor Matsuura (Yumiko), Dan Fogler (Luke), Cooper Andrews (Jerry), Nadia Hilker (Magna), Rhys Coiro (Jed), Lauren Ridloff (Connie), Cailey Fleming (Judith Grimes), Matt Lintz (Henry), Traci Dinwiddie (Regina), Lindsley Register (Laura)
The new group is brought to Alexandria and are judged as to whether they can stay.
- Something has happened to make Alexandria apprehensive of outsiders.
- Alexandria has thrived and have a council made up of Gabriel, Michonne, Aaron, Siddiq, and Laura, among others.
- The Kingdom is experiencing crumbling infrastructure.
- While some of the Saviors have integrated with the other communities, a fraction, those that attacked the camp six years ago, have been left on the outskirts, since the Sanctuary "went bust." They ambush Carol and Henry, but she catches them while they're asleep and burns them alive.
- Michonne is the most distrustful of the new group. However, she later changes her mind and offers to escort them to the Hilltop with Saddiq to accompany them.
- Rosita and Eugene go out to put an amplifier on a water tower in an effort to boost a radio signal to find more survivors.
- A herd gives chase after Eugene and Rosita. They hide and cover themselves in mud where they overhear what sounds like the walkers talking to each other, trying to find them.
- Michonne has a son, the father being Rick, named RJ.
- Michonne has a scar in the shape of an X on her back.
- Rosita is in a relationship with Gabriel. However, Eugene tries to make his feelings for her known.
- Carol is now married to Ezekiel.
- Daryl appears to be living outside of any community by himself. Carol seems to know where he's been and offers him a ride, which he accepts.
- Judith and Negan talk through the bars of his cell, but hasn't developed any kind of relationship with him.
- Andrew Lincoln and Lauren Cohen have been removed from the credits. Pollyanna McIntosh has also been removed. Khary Payton has been elevated to main cast.
- This marks the first episode of the series to not have Lincoln's name in the credits.
- Matt Lintz now plays an older version of Henry, who was previously played by his younger brother Macsen Lintz. Both are the brothers of Madison Lintz, who played Carol's daughter Sophia.
Behind the Scenes
Allusions and References
- Eugene and Rosita get ahead of a herd and hid themselves in mud. To their horror, they hear through the growls three different whispered voices talking to each other.
- Judith: You know the strangers we brought here yesterday? My mom's gonna make them leave.
- Negan: Well, no, I didn't know, but let me guess. You being you, you wanna help 'em.
- Judith: I found 'em. I brought 'em here.
- Negan: Lemme tell you something. When I was about your age, I used to bring home stray dogs. My mom, she hated it. I never understood why. They always seemed so friendly and grateful. Till one day I brought home the wrong dog.
- Judith: What happened? Did it bite you?
- Negan: Not me. That dog killed all the other strays, chewed off half my mom's ear when she tried to stop it. The thing is - that dog seemed just as friendly and grateful as the rest of 'em.
- Judith: And what about after that? You ever bring home another dog?
- Negan: Well, hell no. I wised my ass up.
- Judith: Yeah. And look how great everything turned out for you.
- Negan: Wait a minute. Where you going? I thought you wanted my help.
- Judith: I do, but just with math.
- Negan: Why just math?
- Judith: Because it doesn't matter if you're a good or bad person on the inside. The numbers don't care.