From The TV IV
|Season 2, Episode 5|
|Airdate||March 29, 1996|
|Written by||Jon Povill|
|Directed by||Paris Barclay|
The Good, the Bad and the Wealthy
Time Again and World
|Sliders — Season Two|
El Sid is the fifth episode of the second season of Sliders, and the fifteenth episode overall.
Starring: Jerry O'Connell (Quinn Mallory), Sabrina Lloyd (Wade Wells), Cleavant Derricks (Rembrandt Brown)
and John Rhys-Davies (Arturo)
Guest Stars: Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Sid), Rebecca Chambers (Michelle), Claude Brooks (L.J.), Jed Dixon (Leo)
with Raimund Stamm (Big Jake), Reese McBeth (Blade), Sandra P. Grant (MSW), Maria Herrera (Delores), Chapelle Jaffe (Gladys), Scott Swanson (Hostage)
After Quinn saves a woman from her abusive boyfriend, the group takes her with them to the next world where San Francisco is a maximum security prison. Unfortunately, her violent boyfriend follows.
Brave New Worlds
- For reasons left unknown, this world appears to be in a constant state of violence and war.
- Suffering from earthquakes and a large one expected to break the peninsula off into the ocean, the residents of San Francisco were evacuated and the city was converted into San Francisco National Penitentiary.
- 2 minutes
- 26 hours
- Arturo claims they've been to 20 or 30 different worlds at this point.
- Arturo explains to Rembrandt the dangers of bringing extra people.
Behind the Scenes
- This is the second episode filmed for Season 2.
Allusions and References
- The ladies group therapy is at 3:00, but when Wade and Michelle attend, it's pitch black outside.
- Rembrandt: Something awfully oily about that guy.
- Arturo: Considering the nature of the sociopath we've launched on this unsuspecting society, we should be grateful we met him.
- Arturo: Mister Brown, if we get through this, you and I must have a serious talk with the others.
- Rembrandt: About what, Professor?
- Arturo: All about this, about the Sids and the Michelles, and Mister Mallory's penchant for the quixotic rescue.
- Rembrandt: Yeah, but what choice did he have? Let the poor girl get her head beat in?
- Arturo: No, of course not. You understand, Mister Brown, our timer was originally set for three people. Now, it seems to be handling the four of us quite well. But every time we add an extra body, we increase exponentially the chances of catastrophic failure.
- Rembrandt: Whoa, whoa. What are you saying?
- Arturo: What I'm saying is we increase the risk that you and I will be spread like very fine jam across an infinite number of universes.
- Rembrandt: That is an ugly picture.
- Rembrandt: A BART station? With all of these earthquakes?
- Arturo: Another strategic gem.